Monday, July 22, 2013

This Week’s Assignment from the League: The First Time


This week’s assignment from the League: Feels like the first time
Summer is a time of first loves and first-run movies, and sometimes those two things can be one and the same! This week’s assignment for the League of Extraordinary Bloggers
It feels like the first time… Write about your first experience with something. 

Disneyland Vacation: The First Time!


March of this year the family and I made a trip down to Anaheim California, and spent 5 wonderful days enjoying the sights, sounds and attractions of Disneyland. It was a great vacation and I would recommend Disneyland & Disney’s California Adventure parks for every family. But this was my second trip to Disneyland.  I originally wrote a blog post 4 years ago about my first family adventure to Disneyland, thought it would be appropriate to revisit this post as it fits in with the theme of this week’s League Assignment
Easter Holidays 1994 (19 years ago...)

We never really went far for vacations as a family growing up, most summers we never went anywhere. But for Easter holidays 1994 Mom and Dad made up for it by taking us on a trip through the states to California. We were like the Griswold's from "National Lampoons Vacation", we were going to Disneyland by car.

- Mom and Dad rented a car for the long trip. They also rented a video camera from Radioshack and I became the official documentary guy of our little trip.

- Driving seemed like a good idea, that way we could see more destinations. We could visit multiple states along the way. The truth is it nearly drove us insane. Mom and Dad would argue over driving and directions. Brianna would get bored and pinch me on the arm when I wasn't looking. I would get her back and return the pinch and she would cry. Dad would get mad at me. Mom would threaten to turn the car around. We would spend up to 12 hours a day travelling by car- way too much time to spend in a confined space with bored family members.

- We often would eat at fast food chains as we drove, to save time. One thing I noticed about fast food restaurants in the states is that their food is way better than our fast food in Canada. We often ate at Burger king and it was awesome. We would order whopper meals and Mom, Dad and Bri could never finish their meals. It was too much...for them. At the time I was a 14 year old garbage disposal and I would clean up their left overs. It wasn't always easy, and I actually at times turned away their left overs. Those Yankee fast food restaurant owners don't cheap out when it comes to their food. You definitely get your money’s worth.

- Speaking of food the night we stopped in Salt Lake City we went to the nearby "Denny's" for supper. While having supper some woman crashed her car into a lamp post between the Denny's and our hotel. It was the first time I had ever seen a fresh car crash. The fire department showed up and had to use the Jaws of Life to free her, and she was taken away by ambulance.

- We spent a day at Disneyland the day after arriving in Anaheim. It really is a great experience to visit Disneyland. It really does bring out the kid in everyone. My Dad is not known for having fun unless it involves golf, hockey or some other kind of sport. When we got there he was kind of in a grumpy mood but after about a half hour of being in Disneyland he was laughing, smiling and having a great time. It really did bring out my Dad's inner child. It was really great to see my Dad let loose and have a good time.

- The lines for rides dampers the good time at Disneyland. For some rides we stood in line for up to an hour! It was worth it most of the time but it made for a long boring wait.



(Parental Advisory Warning: The following paragraph has adult content. Parental discretion is advised):
- But waiting in line for space mountain was totally worth it. Not for the ride itself but for what I saw while waiting. We're outside on the steep steps leading into Space Mountain. The line was long and the day was hot. Dad and I were standing side by side in line and Mom & Bri were behind us. In front of us was this ugly nerdy-type guy with this real smoking hot blond woman on his arm. This guy had to be loaded because there is no way a guy that ugly could get such a hot babe unless he was rich. If he was famous I didn't recognize him. Anyway I was busy staring at the ground below (because we were probably 3 stories above ground level) when the line advanced. As I looked forward realizing the line had moved up several steps the smoking hot blond (who was wearing a very mini skirt) was bent forward tying her shoe I think. Well her skirt was hiked up and she was wearing NO UNDERWEAR! I gasped in excitement and joy, staring me right in the face was a real life naked vagina, which was on the body of one of the hottest women I had ever seen. I was frozen in time, my heart pounding and thoughts racing. I couldn't believe it...it was like looking into the face of god. Dad bumped me on the shoulder and time resumed normally again. I looked at him and he had a smile on his face.
"We better move up" I think he said to me.
I don't know if he saw what I saw. Overall it was a great trip. Definitely one I will always remember.

God bless Space Mountain.



The Random Nerdness Blog is a proud member of 'The League Of Extraordinary Bloggers'. Go to www.coolandcollected.com
 to get all the addresses of the other League blog members. These blogs are also part of the league, please check out their blogs too:



The Cavalcade Of Awesome at: http://blog.paxholley.net/


Also be sure to check out the 'Random Nerdness Podcast'!! Available to stream at www.randomnerdness.podbean.com
and download from iTunes.

Chris is also a Co-Host of the weekly 'Geek Fallout' podcast. Give that podcast a listen at www.geekfallout.podbean.com , download from iTunes and available on Stitcher!

See you in the future!!

 

3 comments:

Dex said...

Well, that certainly sounds like a memorable trip!

GIJigsaw said...

Out-freakin-standing. Hard to forget that first.

Unknown said...

We have been to Disney World a number of times but have only spent a few hours one day at Disneyland a couple of years ago – my kids would love to return!