Saturday, March 2, 2013

League Assignment: The Oscars

This week’s assignment for the League of Extraordinary Bloggers is a spin on a topic suggested by Rich over at Fortune and Glory (Days). Thanks Rich! …
The Oscars.
After last week’s responses, it is clear that one-word topics seem to generate the most interest, so interpret it as you will!
 
I did enjoy what I saw of Seth McFarlanes hosting job of this years Oscars, and I loved the Shatner as Kirk cameo. But rather than have me talk about an Awards show I consider to be boring I thought I would highlight someone 'Oscars' I find particularly interesting. Here we go:
 
 
Oscar the Grouch:
 
I loved this green grouchy slob. As a kid growing up in Canada Sesame Street was on CBC weekdays at 11 am, and Oscar was one of the gang I loved to watch. No matter how tough he tried to be he really had a heart of gold. I always loved when celebrities would do their cameos with Oscar,and they always seemed to end up climbing into his trash can/home by the end of the segment. What was in that trash can/home? I know they pulled some very impressive objects out of that can. Yet it always was the same size on the outside? I wonder if they got the inspiration for this from the 'Doctor Who' TV series time machine: The TARDIS. The Tardis is bigger on the inside than the outside. In that Sesame Street movie 'Follow That Bird' I remember Oscar driving around in some sort of crusty looking Jalopy. The car was a piece of junk yet it still was cool. And he had that guy who would carry around Oscar in his can, kind of like some sort of junk yard butler. Never change Oscar, you are awesome!
 
 
 
 
Oscar Wilde:
 
Honestly didn't know too much about him other than he was an author and poet. looking him up on Wikipedia and he lived some life! Check it out!
 
 
Oscar from 'The Odd Couple':
 
I never watched the TV series or original movie but I did watch the second movie in theatres in 1998 with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau as 'Oscar'. Matthau was absolutely hilarious in the 'Grumpy Old Men' movies and he was just as good in this movie. No one plays a funny fun loving slob better than Matthau (Billy Bob Thorton would be a close second).
 
 
And that's all I got this week...didn't know as many Oscars as I thought... 
 
But check out these other blogs that are a part of The League Of Extraordinary Bloggers!
 
 
 

No comments: